Our skilled therapist will target your problem area with personalized hands-on treatment. This may include:
- Joint mobilization (think massage but for your joints not muscles)
- Joint manipulation (helps free up your joints and stimulates your nervous system)
- Soft tissue mobilization (Specialized massage for your muscles, ligaments and tendons to revive your tissues)
Manual therapy is a general term used to described highly skilled techniques that are used to improve the movement of joints and soft tissue like muscles and fascia.
They are carefully applied to these tissues to achieve one or more of the following goals:
- For pain relief
- For relaxation
- To reduce swelling & inflammation
- To increase the mobility of a joint(s)
- To improve muscle flexibility
- To improve motion
- For scar or restriction release
- To improved mobility of nerves
- To facilitate better movement of the spine, upper extremity (shoulder, elbow, wrist hand/fingers), or lower extremity (hips, knees, ankles, feet)
Common Manual Therapy Techniques
Techniques may include soft tissue mobilization, traction, joint mobilization, joint manipulation, passive range of motion, movement with mobilization, proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation, and more.
Manual therapy is an important component of the rehabilitation process for many of our patients. If you are looking for a practitioner that performs specific manual therapy treatment techniques, please call us for more information.
To learn more about our Hands-on Manual Therapy services,
Request an appointment or give us a call at